Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Premiere Blog

Welcome to my blog, The Purposeful Journey! This blog is for you as much as it is for me. As someone who has struggled with excess weight and the accompanying self-esteem issues for a large part of my life, I want this to be a place of hope because my story has a happy ending.

Getting healthy and maintaining that good health is a journey....a purposeful journey. It can take a long time to get there, the road may wind, but it's filled with excitement, enthusiasm, setbacks, sadness, joy, and success. It is my choice to never reach the end of my journey. I am excited about it and my future. My goals are many, and I know now there is nothing I can't do once I set a goal and work toward it.

So how did I start on my journey? It was a health scare. Sadly I wasn't the type of woman who could decide to get fit and healthy without being pushed into it. Admit it, some of you are experiencing that now. Once the bad news settled in, I knew what I had to do. As I drove home from the doctor, copies of my test results sitting on the passenger seat beside me, I decided life would change. It HAD to or I wouldn't survive. Literally.

When I got settled at home, I went to the cabinet that housed my Beachbody workouts that I hadn't played much less used for my workous. I pulled out Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs, popped the DVD into my player, and began moving with Shaun T and the crew. It was difficult to get through that first workout, but I DID IT! The funniest thing happened.....I was smiling! Can you imagine smiling and actually ENJOYING exercise? Me?? Yes. Me. Later that night, I sat down and journaled everything I was feeling. I symbolically buried the old Janice and began working on the new and improved Janice.

Can any of you relate to my story so far? I know there are many of you out there. Men and women struggling with excess weight, lonlieness, fear, resignation that you'll never be thin. I'm here to tell you it's possible. You are capable of so much more than you think you are. You are worth it, and I'm here to help YOU on your very own Purposeful Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment